Last Updated: Sep 8, 2023
Our contact form allows us to obtain your contact information for us to contact you about the purchase of our products or services. Our team will reach out to you and discuss options including payment methods, subscription terms, and products purchased.
You agree that by clicking "Sign Up", "Get Started", or registering, accessing, or using our Services, as defined below, you are entering into a legally binding agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, do NOT click "Sign Up", "Get Started" (or similar), and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services.
The following terms are defined for the purpose of this Agreement:
- “Account” - means a registered user account.
- “Add-Ons” - additional Chime products and services that can be purchased from within the Chime Platform.
- "Chime", "we", "us", or “our” - means Chime Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiary Sites.
- “Chime Marketplace” - refers to the section and pages within the Chime CRM that provide an authorized Member with access to purchase Add-Ons or Third-Party Services.
- “CRM” or “Chime CRM” - CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. In the context of Chime, “CRM” refers to the CRM built, operated, and maintained by Chime and provided as part of Services.
- “Lead(s)” - means property buyers, sellers, and/or renters and their basic contact information. Potential customers for real estate professionals inquiring about real estate information. Leads may also refer to other contacts recorded in the Chime platform for the benefit of the Member.
- "Members”, “Member Account”, or “Users" - means registered users who are authorized to use the subscription service for your benefit and have unique user identifications and passwords for the subscription service.
- “Member Website” - means a real estate website built and maintained by Chime as part of Services offered. Only Members who have purchased a Member Website will have access to one.
- “Member Content” - any content provided by a Member for use within the Chime Services.
- “MLS” - means multiple listing service (MLS), which is a database established by cooperating real estate brokers to provide data about properties for sale and or for rent. “Personal Information” - information that identifies an individual and is associated with a specific person.
- “Platform” - means the Chime user interface you utilize to access Chime Services.
- “Real Estate Website” - a website utilized by real estate professionals for the purpose of engaging and servicing real estate Leads. In the context of Chime, “Real Estate Website” refers to a website built, operated, and maintained by Chime and provided as part of Services.
- “Services” - Chime’s products and services provided to authorized Member accounts.
- “Sites” - are online and mobile sites and apps operated by Chime Technologies, Inc. along with our affiliates including Geographic Farming, LLC ("GeoFarm") and subsidiary sites including Chime.me and Chimeroi.com.
- “Subscription Agreement” - the contractual agreement between Chime and Members that defines Services to be provided, their cost, and the duration of the agreement.
- “Subscription” - refers to the access provided by Chime to Members based on the terms of the Subscription Agreement.
- "Third-Party Sites", “Third-Party Services”, “Third Party Sites”, or “Third Party Services” - means third-party websites and services linked to within the Services.
- “Visitors” - means unregistered or non-registered users.
- "You", "your", or “Customer” - means the person or entity using the Services and identified in the applicable account record, billing statement, online subscription process, or contact form as the customer.
To utilize certain Services, you will be required to register for an account. You must provide accurate and complete information and keep your Account information updated.
You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account and for keeping your Account password secure. You may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Services. You must notify us immediately of any change in your eligibility to use the Services, any breach of security, or any unauthorized use of your Account. You should never publish, distribute, or post login information for your Account.
You must provide accurate and complete information when registering your Member Account and using the Services, to which you are the sole and exclusive rights holder. You represent and warrant that:
- you are not (a) a resident of (nor will you use the Services in) any country that the U.S. government has imposed embargo sanctions for use of the Services, (b) named on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or any other applicable trade sanctioning regulations;
- you will fully comply with all applicable laws and agreements which govern your use of the Services.
You acknowledge and agree that we shall determine the means, manner, and method for performing the Services, including those regarding the hosting, transmission, publication and/or display of any Member Websites and/or Member Content (including the inclusion and presentation of any advertisements or other commercial content with respect thereto).
When accessing our Services, you undertake and agree NOT to:
- Copy, modify, create derivative works of, download, adapt, reverse engineer, emulate, migrate to another service, translate, compile, decompile or disassemble any of the Sites, the Services (or any part thereof), any content offered by us or Third Party Services for use and display within Member Websites ("Licensed Content") except as expressly permitted under this Agreement;
- Publish and/or make any use of the Services or Licensed Content on any website, media, network or system other than those provided by us, and/or frame, "deep link", "page scrape", mirror and/or create a browser or border environment around any of the Services, Licensed Content and/or Member Website (or any part thereof);
- Use any "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Services (or any of its data), or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of any of the Services to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, services or information through any means not purposely made available through the Services;
- Purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use our name or our Marks and/or variations and misspellings thereof;
- Impersonate any person or entity or provide false information on the Services and/or Member Website, whether directly or indirectly, or otherwise disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us and/or any of our other Visitors or Members;
- Falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or falsely express or imply that we or any third party endorses you, your Member Website, your business, your products or services, or any statement you make;
- Reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace another Member of Services, or otherwise interfere with or violate any other Member's right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about visitors or users of the Services and/or Member Website without their express and informed consent;
- Disable, circumvent, bypass or otherwise avoid any measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Services, Member Website, the account of another Member or any other systems or networks connected to the Services, by hacking, password mining, or other illegitimate or prohibited means;
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services or any network connected to the Services;
- Upload to the Services and/or Member Website or otherwise use them to design, develop, distribute and/or otherwise transmit or execute, any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, malware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component;
- Take any action that may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Services or our systems or networks connected to the Services, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the operation of any of the Services, or the servers or networks that host them or make them available, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted in connection with the Services;
- Use any of the Services and/or Member Website in connection with any form of spam, unsolicited mail, fraud, scam, phishing, "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or similar conduct, or otherwise engage in unethical marketing or advertising;
- Sell, license, or exploit for any commercial purposes any use of or access to the Licensed Content and/or Services, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement;
- Remove or alter any copyright notices, watermarks, restrictions and signs indicating proprietary rights of any of our licensors, including copyright mark [©] or trademarks [® or ™] contained in or accompanying the Services and/or Licensed Content;
- XVII.Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- Recruit, solicit, or encourage any other user to use third party services or websites that are competitive to ours;
- Copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
You acknowledge and agree that your failure to abide by any of the foregoing or any misrepresentation made by you may result in the immediate termination of your Member Account and/or any Services provided to you, with or without further notice to you, and without any refund of amounts paid on account of any such Services.
ACCEPTABLE EMAIL & COMMUNICATION POLICY. Chime prohibits the use of any provided Services being involved in or utilized for Unsolicited Commercial Email (“UCE” or “spam”). You understand and agree to the following:
- Due to a zero-tolerance policy against spam, Chime reserves the right to pause and/or disable email communication tools available in the provided Services should it be determined that spam content is being sent.
- Prior to importing an existing list of contacts/leads, you must ensure that those on the list are expecting to hear from you and your organization.
- Regardless of origin/source, the Member is responsible to maintain records/evidence/proof that all individuals in their database have agreed or opted-in to receive communication from the Member or their organization. Chime can request evidence showing that the Member is compliant with opt-in obligations at any time.
- All email messages sent via the provided Services must contain (a) a link for the use of recipients of email communication sent by Members to “unsubscribe” or “opt-out,” (b) a valid physical address for the sender, and (c) a subject line that does not mislead or misrepresent the content of the email or the intentions of the Member sending it. The “unsubscribe” action provided by the Services is processed immediately.
- When applicable, the ability to “re-subscribe” an individual via the provided Services must only be done with clear records/evidence/proof indicating that the individual re-subscribed at their request.
The “feedback rate” (“complaint rate”) may not exceed the standards maintained by the provided Services or the email provider tools utilized in the Services to process (send/receive) email communication. Should the feedback rate exceed the established standards, Chime reserves the right to pause, disable, or make technological adjustments that will affect email communication tools available to the Member in the provided Services.
You are encouraged to consult with legal counsel to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
DO NOT CONTACT. Chime prohibits the use of any provided Services being involved in or utilized for call or text (SMS) communication that is not compliant with applicable state, federal, or international laws or regulations. You understand and agree to the following:
Your Compliance Obligations Regarding Telemarketing, Do-Not-Call, and other Laws and Regulations Applicable to Your Use of the Services: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO ONE OR MORE STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING TELEMARKETING ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING LAWS AND REGULATIONS ADMINISTERED BY THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION AND THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, AS WELL AS STATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL AND OTHER STATE REGULATORS AND REGULATORS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND OTHER INTERNATIONAL BODIES. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS IN YOUR USE OF ANY PART OF THE SERVICES, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE UNDERTAKEN INDEPENDENT EFFORTS TO CONFIRM YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND HAVE NOT IN ANY WAY RELIED ON ANY COMMUNICATION BY US, WHETHER ORAL OR IN WRITING, REGARDING SUCH COMPLIANCE BY YOU.
You assume all liability and responsibility for operating the Services according to applicable international, federal, state, provincial, or local laws, regulations, rules, and requirements and any other laws, regulations, rules, and requirements regarding data privacy, telemarketing, recording conversations, consumer protection, the use of automatic telephone dialing systems, text messaging, or e-mail. You are aware that such laws include rules, regulations, and limitations regarding commercial solicitations and/or the making of prerecorded, artificial voice, and autodialed telephonic messages or text messages to homes and businesses without the prior express and/or prior express written consent of the called party. You are aware that such laws also include rules, regulations, and limitations regarding commercial solicitations to homes and businesses that have opted into a state or federal do not call registry. You are also aware that such laws may require you to obtain a license or otherwise register with a government or regulatory body prior to operating the Services. You acknowledge that you understand that the violation of any such laws may result in significant penalties and other sanctions. You further acknowledge and agree that you should consult with your own counsel, prior to using the Services, to determine the extent of permissible solicitation activities. You agree to use this product in accordance with all legal requirements. Chime will not be responsible for any illegal use of its services. You are responsible for all insurance, tax, and license requirements applicable to your use of the Services.
Do Not Call compliance, including compliance with state DNC laws, is solely the responsibility of you, the Customer. Chime is not responsible for any customer misuse, intentional or unintentional, of any data provided, including DNC data.
APPROVED ACCOUNT ACCESS. In order for Chime to provide support for Services, the Chime Support Team and others employed within the Chime organization can be granted permission to access your individual user account via your account preferences. You understand that for Chime to be able to fully address your questions or concerns, access must be granted to Chime. If access is not provided, Chime will be unable to fully-diagnose any potential issues and is not liable for loss of functionality on your account were access enabled. If, for whatever reason, you are unable to grant Chime permission to access your user account, please send written permission to override via email to the Chime Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Certain Chime configurations within our Services enable account owners and their designated admins with access to log into your individual user account as a member of their account for the purpose of providing support and participating in the configuration of your account. By utilizing Chime’s Services, you agree to allow this access if applicable to the configuration options available within your account.
CHIME’S ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. We also reserve the right, without any obligation, to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- respond to user support requests;
- fulfill your requests for services;
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, and the public.
ACCESSIBILITY. Chime is committed to ensuring our Services are accessible for everyone including those with disabilities. We continue to make every effort to reach the Level AA standards that defined by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to improve accessibility for individuals with disabilities. Numerous improvements have been made, some are in progress, and others will continue to be addressed in the future. Chime commits to continue improving website accessibility on an ongoing basis.
If you, as a Chime user, need assistance in addressing accessibility requests from site visitors or would like to submit feedback and/or recommendations to make your website more accessible, please send an email to our Support Team (email@example.com). We will do our best to produce accessible versions of content to address specific needs.
CHIME CRM. Chime will provide you with the number of Chime CRM (“Chime CRM”) instances that is defined in your Subscription Agreement with Chime. With some Chime packages, additional Chime CRM instances can be purchased. The Chime CRM includes features for capturing, tracking, managing, and nurturing Leads, managing agent activity, contacts, and workflows. Multiple users are assigned individual access to a single instance of the Chime CRM for the purpose of collaboration.
CHIME REAL ESTATE WEBSITES. Chime will provide you with the number and type of Chime Real Estate Websites that is defined in your Subscription Agreement with Chime. Some Chime packages do not include access to Chime website features. Chime Real Estate Websites include features for marketing to, registering, educating, and providing property information from enabled MLS providers to site visitors and Leads.
WEBSITE TYPES. Website offerings provided by Chime fall into the following categories:
- Company Website. Full-featured website available only on the Chime Enterprise package as the top-level website associated with the enterprise account owner’s login.
- Team Website. Full-featured website available as the top-level website within the majority of Chime packages and associated with the team owner’s login.
- Group Website. Full-featured website available for add-on purchase only on the Chime Enterprise package as a group-level website within the Enterprise hierarchy and associated with a group owner’s login.
- Agent Website. Full-featured website available for add-on purchase by users who are not the account owners.
- Agent Subdomain. A limited-website that requires a source website (“Parent Website”) for listing data and supports only minimal editing capability. This must be a third-level domain (e.g. name.abcrealestate.com) with the Parent Website being the primary domain (e.g. abcrealestate.com).
Only one compatible website offering (see the list above) can be associated with a user’s account. This means that no single account can have ownership of more than one Chime Real Estate Website. Users can be granted admin access to edit websites owned by other users within their organization.
DOMAIN NAME. When building your real estate website on Chime, you can choose to use a domain name that you already own or, alternatively, you can choose to select a new domain available or purchased through Chime. Certain domain options require an additional charge subject to Chime’s then current fee structure. Chime reserves the right to refuse the use of any domain name that Chime determines in its discretion is inappropriate, illegal, offensive, or in violation of another party's rights. When configuring your website on Chime, your website content may exist only temporarily on a Chime-specific domain during initial setup stages.
MLS IDX/VOW DATA INTEGRATIONS. Chime will make reasonable efforts to integrate your Multiple Listing Service (MLS) IDX and/or VOW data feed(s) from your respective MLS Board(s) as disclosed during the website setup process and/or in writing to Chime. Any changes to your MLS membership or brokerage must be submitted in writing to Chime. You will indemnify, defend, and hold Chime harmless from any failure by you to obtain or maintain the appropriate licenses for the MLS and/or IDX/VOW account to allow use by Chime on the Website or, for any unauthorized use by you or users on your account of such MLS data or feeds.
Depending on the MLS(s) connected to your Chime real estate website, you may be responsible to pay all third-party vendor set-up fees and monthly service fees charged by the MLS/IDX/VOW provider for Chime to access and maintain MLS data on your Chime website.
You shall also pay directly all charges from the MLS data provider including costs associated with MLS integration, and other marketing costs associated with the service. In certain geographic areas, Chime may, at its option, configure multiple unique MLS feeds into a single platform. Multiple MLS feeds are subject to additional charges as determined by Chime. Chime will not be liable in the event that the MLS application process is unsuccessful or exceeds the initial timeline established by Chime.
Chime will not be liable in the event that the MLS application process is unsuccessful or exceeds the initial timeline established by Chime.
MANUAL LISTINGS. Certain configurations of Chime Real Estate Websites support the ability to upload manual listings that are not provided by an MLS/IDX/VOW provider (“Manual Listings”). These can sometimes be referred to as “pocket listings.” You are advised to consult your legal resources prior to publishing Manual Listings to your Chime Real Estate Website to ensure that doing so does not conflict with your obligations with any memberships, associations, or legal entities that may prohibit their use. Chime will not be held liable for you publishing Manual Listings that are not permitted in any scenario.
THIRD-PARTY DATA. In certain configurations within the Services, Chime Real Estate Websites display data for a geographic location designated in comprehensive plans, ordinances, or other local documents, commonly referred to as a neighborhood (collectively, a “Neighborhood,” or “Neighborhoods”). You acknowledge Neighborhoods are not subject to a generally accepted definition, but are subject to individual interpretation. Also, Neighborhoods as shown on the Member Website are not necessarily "subdivisions" and Neighborhoods are not available for every city in the U.S. You may find deviations between what is shown and what you might personally expect. Neighborhood data may also be unavailable outside of the United States.
You also acknowledge that data availability for certain aspects of pages on your Chime Real Estate Website may vary depending on what is available from the third-party data source. Examples may include statistical data, pre-populated geographic descriptions and overviews, school data, and multiple other aspects of Chime Real Estate Website webpages. This data is provided via third-party agreements and datasets and as such, the availability in some scenarios (location, dates, etc.) will vary.
BRANDING AND CONTENT. You warrant that all Branding and Content that you provide and/or implement on your Chime real estate website will comply with all MLS rules and regulations and all applicable laws.
WEBSITE CUSTOMIZATIONS. As part of the Services, Chime provides a custom-built Content Management System (“CMS”) for the configuring of Chime real estate websites. Certain features allow for authorized users to add custom code to their Real Estate Website for the purpose of tracking, linking to other web services, or changing the visible design. You accept any risks related to the presentation, availability, or functionality of your real estate website associated with the addition of any custom code by you or any third party who you have authorized to do so on your behalf.
If, upon your approval, Chime has added custom code to your website, you accept that any configurations made are done without warranty and can be affected by changes made via the CMS at a later point and may require adjusting. New product releases published by Chime within the Services and related to your website may affect customizations that you have implemented.
WEB, MOBILE, AND TABLET APPS. Chime Services can be accessed via desktop or laptop computers using the Chime Web App (using a supported browser) or via mobile phone or tablet devices using multiple native mobile and tablet apps available to download on Android and Apple app stores (collectively, “Supported Devices”). You acknowledge and understand that features available to utilize Chime Services will vary between Supported Devices and that not all features available on one device will always be available on another (e.g. tablet vs. cell phone phones).
CHIME LENDER CRM. The Chime Lender CRM (“Lender CRM”) is a version of Chime’s Services configured for the use by a mortgage lender as the intended user. Lender CRM access can be established via the Platform but is not available to all packages. You understand that The Lender CRM is not the same as the Chime CRM and therefore there will be functionality differences between them.
LOCATION. You accept that there may be limitations to functionality within provided Services due to unavailable data or support for specific locations.
UPDATES AND EARLY ACCESS. Chime reserves the right to update, modify, and upgrade the Platform and Services in its sole discretion during the term of this Agreement. Such modifications or updates may include new or modified functionality or removal of functions.
We may make certain features available to some users before they are published to all users (“Early Access Features”, “Beta Features”, “Whitelist Features”). Early Access Features are occasionally provided for the purpose of testing functionality, documenting feedback and engagement, and ensuring an ideal launch takes place for those features. Should you request to participate or be selected directly by Chime for Early Access Features, you understand that Chime reserves the right to update, modify, or remove access at any time. You also understand that when using these features, you may experience outages, unavailability, or system bugs and are encouraged to report such cases to Chime Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the improvement of said features. Chime provides no warranty and will not be liable for the unavailability, loss of business, or other negative results due to the use of Early Access Features.
ADD-ON PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. Chime offers optional add-on products and services that can be added to your Subscription (collectively, “Add-Ons”) directly via the Platform and in the Chime Marketplace. These services will be added to your subscription only when included in the package you are purchasing or when added via the Chime Marketplace. These Add-Ons may require the payment of additional charges by you in order to access their functions and features. You will be billed according to the terms of each product or service displayed to you at the time of purchase.
Chime Marketing Services
- Chime offers optional lead generation marketing and management services that may be selected by you. These marketing functions such as lead generation, listing promotion and management services, etc. made available by Chime on the Platform may require the payment of additional charges by you. You will be billed accordingly in order for such functionality to be used. The Lead(s) captured is/are the result of your paid campaigns that collected contact information for potential customer(s) who showed interest in buying, renting, or selling houses by engaging with the advertising campaigns that Chime activated on your behalf. For lead generation, Chime will create and develop your online advertising campaign on the Facebook Ads Platform, Google Ads Platform, and/or other marketing channels, help you with your image/video design, generate keyword combinations, etc. for your website and listings, and curate specific ad copy based on your business and location. Chime will also manage your online advertising campaign by assessing your ad position, audience, scheduling, bidding, etc.
Types of Marketing
- LEAD GENERATION ADS. Lead generation digital marketing ad campaigns are configured and managed by the Chime Digital Marketing Team on multiple search and social media platforms with the objective of capturing Lead(s) who have shown interest in the real estate market (“Lead Generation”).
- LISTING PROMOTION ADS. The Listing Promoting Ads are self-purchased Facebook ads and are created by you via your own CRM. These ads are designed to promote a real estate property within the real estate/housing marketing category and are not designed to capture Lead(s) as a primary objective. Currently, Chime’s listing promotion ads are only available on Facebook while Instagram is available only by manual request.
- BOOST ADS. Chime Social Studio Pro includes optional Boost Ads services that may be selected by you to promote your Facebook post as a paid promotion.
- DIRECT MAIL SERVICES. Direct mail services are available for lead generation and marketing. Chime may change the direct mail services offered at its sole discretion from time to time. Chime may offer a la carte direct mail services and products that will be billed at Chime's then current rates for such products and services. You will be responsible for any increase in the cost of postage by the United States Postal Service (the "USPS") for direct mail services and the fees charged by Chime for such services shall be adjusted by the amount of any increase as of the effective date of the increase. You understand and acknowledge that there is an expected amount of "kickback" with direct mail services and that ten percent or more of the mailings may be undeliverable. Chime shall have no responsibility for returns from the USPS and you shall not be entitled to any refund or credit for returns. Direct Mail Services are not available in Canada.
- You acknowledge that the Leads are not guaranteed to be qualified or engaged customers and the information that Chime’s Marketing Services collects is based on individual user behavior and subject to collecting said information. We suggest the Members contact the leads as soon as possible to obtain the most effective results. Chime shall not be responsible for any results arising therefrom, including (but not limited to) whether you can turn the Lead into a valuable customer.
Associated Marketing Platform Terms
- By purchasing and utilizing Chime’s Marketing Services on a specific advertising platform such as the Facebook Ads Platform, Google Ads Platform, YouTube Platform, Microsoft Ads Platform, and/or Tiktok Platform, you acknowledge and accept the Terms of Service of the corresponding advertising platform provider(s).
- When utilizing Listing Promotion Ads directly to market your real estate listings or Boost Ads via the Chime Platform on Facebook and related services, you must ensure that any images, videos, and/or other content for these ads are related to real estate and appropriate for all appropriate audiences. If the images, videos, and/or other content that you upload are considered to be related to alcohol, adult content, and or anything not firmly considered to be part of the real estate/housing category, they may be removed. Chime reserves the right to (but is not responsible for) editing any posts that may not utilize images, video, and/or other content not appropriate to the platform providers’ terms for the real estate/housing category.
- If you promote the product(s) with the incorrect category that Facebook Ads Platforms disapproved for Housing, your ads might be edited or deleted by Chime without your permission and you will not be issued a refund.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the necessary permission to promote or create marketing material with listings from your MLS/VOW/IDX. Certain listing data organizations implement specific rules on what can and cannot be marketed. You understand that you must learn and abide by these rules prior to using any marketing features within Chime. Chime will not be liable for the misuse of any listing data.
- AD BUDGET AND MANAGEMENT FEES. You will provide a monetary advertising budget ("Ad Budget"), and hereby appoint and authorize Chime as an agent to procure advertising on your behalf utilizing this Ad Budget. In addition to the Ad Budget, you will pay Chime a management fee (“Management Fee”) to be determined by Chime based upon the type of marketing service and Ad Budget. Chime reserves the right to raise or lower the Management Fee at any time. Chime will notify you of such a change which will go into affect as of the next billing cycle. Minimum Ad Budget amounts may be required in order to run different types of Lead Generation campaigns and these amounts are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Chime. The Management Fee and Ad Budget are both non-transferable and non-refundable.
- MARKETING SERVICES RENEWAL. Chime renews your order on the first day of each month (“Billing Cycle”), and charges you the Ad Budget and the Management Fee. You may change, pause, or cancel the order before the next Billing Cycle by notifying Chime Support or your Chime Digital Marketing Analyst at least seven (7) business days prior to the next Billing Cycle. Otherwise, Chime will continue to use the same settings to operate and optimize your advertising without further notice.
- PRORATION. In certain scenarios, Chime will process your Billing Cycle using a prorated billing method for the initial bill if starting a campaign in a month that has already begun. This is calculated by taking the total monthly Ad Budget, dividing it by the total days in the current month, and then multiplying this by the number of days remaining in the current month (“Proration”). By prorating, this will allow for a similar daily amount to be billed (and therefore utilized for advertising) within the current month Billing Cycle and future month Billing Cycles. Future billing will resume on the first of every month at the full amount and will not be prorated. The Management Fee will not be prorated and will always be billed at the amount defined in this Agreement.
- ADS OPERATING DURATION. For Lead Generation ads, Chime offers ongoing subscription plans. If you require a specific plan duration, you may contact your Digital Marketing Analyst for professional advice and to discuss the details or the duration. Chime will continue your subscription until you request a change or to cancel, unless otherwise specified. When you successfully subscribe to Lead Generation Ads, Chime will assume that you are aware of and accept the duration of ads as defined herein.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS. When you request that your Chime Marketing Services to be canceled, Chime will not refund the remaining account budget nor stop your ads. Instead, the Ad Budget will be utilized to continue to run your ads until it is depleted. If the ad spending exceeds the budget subsequent to cancellation, you will not be responsible for paying any overspending cost or the Management Fee related specifically to what was overspent.
Geographic Farming Tool
- The Chime Geographic Farming Tool (“Geographic Farming Tool”) provides Neighborhood specific data. The accuracy of this data is not guaranteed by Chime and is provided only for the purpose of direct mail marketing.
- This homeowner data is strictly intended for advertising use where permitted by law. The individuals whose information is included in this data have not opted-in to receive unsolicited email, phone call, or text message communication. It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with any local, state, or federal laws that may impact your ability to utilize this data prior to purchasing this add-on. Chime is not responsible for any issues, conflicts, or penalties that may arise from disputes related to use of this data.
- In addition, you understand that the data is not intended to be indicative of any consumer's credit worthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, or other characteristics listed in Section 1681(a) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. You shall not use data from the Geographic Farming Tool (i) as a factor to establish an individual's eligibility for credit or insurance, (ii) in connection with underwriting individual insurance, (iii) to evaluate an individual for employment purposes, (iv) in connection with the determination of an individual's eligibility for a license or other benefit granted by a governmental authority, (v) in any way that would cause the Services to constitute a "consumer report" under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq., or (vi) in any other manner that would cause such use of the Services to be construed as a consumer report by any pertinent governmental authority.
- The Geographic Farming Tool may not be available to all Chime packages and users. When available, it can be accessed directly within the platform.
- Any unauthorized use or misuse of the Geographic Farming Tool or its data may be a cause for terminating your right to use the Services. Chime reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate access to any part or portion of the Geographic Farming Tool or other Services with or without notice.
- Social Studio Pro is a paid-for add-on, but may be offered as a Free Trial to you in certain scenarios. If available to you, the Free Trial aims to give you thirty (30) days to use the Service without payment, but these terms and conditions still apply. After the 30-day Free Trial, the continued use of this add-on service will be seen as an agreement for renewal and acceptance of auto-billing which shall commence on the next billing date. All billing details will be displayed to you during the setup process for the Social Studio Pro add-on.
- By utilizing Chime’s Social Studio to publish on a specific platform such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, or YouTube, you acknowledge and accept the Terms of Service of the corresponding platform provider(s).
Chime Comparative Market Analysis (CMA)
- Chime Comparative Market Analysis (“Chime CMA”) is a tool that provides a report that includes an estimate of the value of a specific property based on comparable listings that have sold, are pending, or are still active on the market.
- You understand that the estimates produced via a Chime CMA are calculated based on available data and may be lacking context unknown to the system automations used to compile the report. Chime does not guarantee the accuracy of any data presented in a Chime CMA.
- Chime Home Report (“Chime Home Report”) is a premium tool that is designed to be sent to homeowners to keep them informed of the value of their homes and provide them with useful financing comparisons that may encourage them to take action and engage with an agent to buy or sell properties. This feature is not currently available in Canada.
- You understand that the estimates produced via a Chime Home Report are calculated based on available data and may be lacking context unknown to the system automations used to compile the report. Chime does not guarantee the accuracy of any data presented in a Chime Home Report.
- By accessing and using the Chime AI Assistant (“AI Assistant”), you understand and agree to all related terms and conditions outlined below and in related parts of this entire Agreement.
- Free Trial. On certain occasions, Chime will offer the AI Assistant to be available to users on a free trial basis. The duration of the free trial will be specified upon initiating its functionality for your account. Your continued use of the AI Assistant upon completion of the free trial indicates your approval to process recurring billing for the following billing dates.
- The AI Assistant will be available in different packages (“AI Packages”) whose functionality will vary depending on the option selected and purchased.
There are two billing scenarios currently supported via the platform:
- Certain AI Assistant legacy package billing (not available for new purchases) for the AI Assistant is processed based on the number of engagements (“AI Engagements”) that have been processed. Each AI Assistant package defines a maximum number of AI Engagements that are allowed during that month. Overages to the allocated number of AI Engagements within a monthly period will result in additional charges whose cost varies depending on the AI Assistant package purchased. All charges will be billed in the next calendar month following the month that the Service was provided including the overage fees.
- All ongoing AI Assistant packages purchased will have billing processed based on the number of leads being followed (“AI Following”) by the AI Assistant. Each AI Assistant package specifies a maximum number of AI Following allowed during that month. Overages to the allocated number of AI Following within a monthly period will result in additional charges whose cost varies depending on the AI Assistant package purchased. All charges will be billed in the calendar month following the month that the Service was provided including the overage fees.
- Your feedback, comments, suggestions, and conversations with the AI Assistant to improve the Services and our business generally (“Feedback”) are welcome. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback is and shall be our sole and exclusive property, and you shall and hereby do assign to us all right, title, and interest in and to all such Feedback.
Call and Text Packages
- There are multiple call packages and text packages that can be licensed within the Chime platform or Chime Marketplace. Certain call or text features are only available on specific call or text packages. According to these packages, you will be billed based on call duration and the number of texts sent out in your package.
- Account owners, designated account admins, and individual team members can select call or text packages. Within the platform, users can see a monthly report of the total number of calls made and texts sent via the CRM. If you require a full statement showing all available details for calls and texts made, or you would like to upgrade or cancel your call or text package, please contact the Chime Support Team (email@example.com).
- To use a call or text package on the Chime platform, a virtual number is required. These virtual numbers are available as part of available platform or call/text packages. A virtual number can be allocated for personal use (“Personal Virtual Number”) or for shared account use (“Company Virtual Number”). The purchase of a virtual number may require payment of an additional monthly fee.
- If you have a phone number (currently hosted at another provider) that you would like to use within the Chime platform with your call and text packages, please contact the Chime Support Team to discuss the process. Chime does not guarantee the ability to port in/out numbers to or from the platform nor does Chime guarantee doing so within a specific timeline though reasonable efforts will be made to do so.
- Of the available Chime call or text packages, each package has an established limit for the number of phone call minutes or text messages that can be processed via that virtual number and account. In most scenarios, these limitations are in place to protect the validity of the virtual number in use and reduce the likelihood that the number will be flagged as "fraudulent," "spam," "scam likely," etc., or be blocked by phone carriers. Users who are using a call package labeled as "unlimited" minutes or allow for overages will accept responsibility for any resulting damage caused by casual use. Any unlimited text package should be used with caution as each additional text message above the established limit (outlined in package pricing and features) will be an additional cost at your expense.
- Call and Text Vendors. Chime, through its call/text vendors (“Call/Text Vendors”), transmits and receives text messages and voice broadcasts via other major telecommunications companies and mobile network operators, and thus our influence over the timing of the transmission of your messages and broadcasts is within the technical constraints imposed upon us. While we shall use commercially reasonable efforts to transmit your messages and broadcasts to the applicable network for final delivery to your designated recipients as fast as possible, we cannot commit to, and do not guarantee, a specific delivery time. Such times depend on various network and system-related factors among the various entities involved in the transportation of your messages and broadcasts across the public switched telephone network and/or Internet. You should know that communications carriers assign text messages and voice broadcasts with a default lifetime and any message or broadcast that cannot be delivered successfully within the lifetime assigned to it will be discarded by the communications carrier without any notice. We are not liable for any loss incurred by the failure of a message or broadcast to be delivered, and you acknowledge that damages for financial or other loss resulting from delivery failure cannot be claimed from us for any such non-deliveries. Furthermore, you agree that message and broadcast contents are deemed to have zero value. Chime and our Call/Text Vendors only provide that the Service is processed correctly and further transmitted by the Call/Text Vendors to the applicable network. Chime is not responsible for the final delivery of any communication initiated through the Service, as this is out of our control and is the responsibility of downstream communications carriers.
- In the case that the Service is suspected of being misused by you, including for fraudulent activity, Chime reserves the right at its sole discretion to immediately terminate the Service and inform our Call/Text Vendors, any relevant law enforcement agency, and the public that the Service is believed to have been used for inappropriate business. In addition, Chime reserves the right to terminate your use of the Service, with or without cause and with or without specifying any reason for termination, upon at least thirty (30) days' notice of termination to you. Chime shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from a decision to terminate, discontinue, disconnect, limit, or revoke the Service with or without notice or warning or for informing our Call/Text Vendors, any relevant law enforcement agency, or the public about the possibility of inappropriate business.
- COMPLIANCE. You further warrant and represent that you are and shall at all times remain in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations with regard to your use of the Service, including without limitation the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Telemarketing Sales Rule, the CAN-SPAM Act (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act) of 2003 and as amended, and all other laws and regulations concerning privacy, telemarketing, and Internet marketing. Fines and penalties for non-compliance can be substantial and Chime does not, and shall not, be responsible for any fines, penalties, or compliance with respect to your use of the calling or texting tools. Telecom regulations are always changing. We recommend consulting with a reputable attorney or compliance provider to stay up to date on the applicable legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
RESPONSIBLE USE. You agree to abide by the following responsible use requirements in connection with your access to and use of any call package or text package licensed within the Chime platform or Chime Marketplace:
- You shall familiarize yourself with all laws, rules, and regulations governing your calling and texting.
- You shall follow all laws, rules, and regulations governing your calling or texting.
- You shall provide legal contact information in any outbound campaign within the initial greeting message and, if the calls are monitored or recorded, to provide adequate notification within the initial greeting message.
- You shall provide your own sound files for all outbound campaigns.
- You shall responsibly dial each campaign with courtesy and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- You shall not send any calls to life-line services, such as hospitals, fire, police, 911, or utility related telephone numbers.
- You shall not send any sales outbound broadcasts to recipients that have not consented to receiving such a broadcast.
- You shall use opt-out features made available to you via Chime.
Training and Coaching Programs
- By accessing training or coaching content provided by Chime and made available to enroll in such programs via the Chime Marketplace (collectively, “Premium Coaching/Training”), you agree to not sublicense or otherwise distribute access or content from this Premium Coaching/Training.
AI-GENERATED CONTENT. If available in your access to Services, AI-generated content must be used according to the following terms:
- Accuracy and Compliance: The accuracy and reliability of the generated content cannot be guaranteed. Users are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the generated materials and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- User Conduct: Users shall not use the feature to generate content that infringes upon the rights of others, including intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or defamatory content. Any such use may result in termination of user access.
- Disclaimer of Liability: Chime shall not be liable for any damages or losses arising from the use of the generated content. Users assume all risks associated with their use of the feature.
- Termination and Modification: Chime reserves the right to modify or terminate the feature at any time, without prior notice. In the event of termination, user access to the feature may be discontinued. Refunds, if applicable, will be governed by our refund policy.
All Chime clients will have access to contact the Chime Support Team via phone (1-855-981-7557), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and chat (only available via the web app platform). Users will also have access to Chime’s Help Center, videos, and user guides. Chime may change the support services offered at its sole discretion from time to time and may offer certain support/training services at additional fees.
The use of certain Services may be subject to payment of particular fees, as determined by us in our sole discretion ("Fees"). We will provide notice of such Fees then in effect in relation to such Services prior to charging any amount to your payment method on file. If you wish to receive or use such Services, you are required to pay all applicable Fees in advance or, as required by specific Services, in arrears. We reserve the right to change our Fees at any time, upon notice to you if such change may affect your existing subscriptions, except where a term agreement has been made between you and Chime.
CURRENCY. All Fees are in U.S. Dollars, except as specifically stated otherwise in writing by us. All Fees shall be paid in U.S. Dollars.
TAXES. To the extent permitted by law (and unless specified otherwise by us in writing), all Fees are exclusive of all taxes (including value added tax, sales tax, goods and services tax, etc.), levies or duties imposed by taxing authorities ("Taxes"), and you shall be responsible for payment of all applicable Taxes relating to your use of the Services, or to any payments or purchases made by you. If we are obligated to collect or pay Taxes for the Fees payable by you, and whether or not such Taxes were added and collected from you for previous transactions, such Taxes may be added to the payment of any outstanding Fees and will be reflected in the Invoice for such transaction.
ACCOUNT ACTIVATION FEE. An “Account Activation Fee” is due at the time of account setup and is non-refundable. This fee is used to cover a variety of services including (but not limited to) account setup and creation, training and help resources, and support.
MLS FEE. When not already included in your platform fee, you as the client may be responsible to pay an “MLS Fee” to Chime used for managing MLS documentation, processing applications, and cover MLS vendor fees. Multiple MLS feeds are subject to additional charges as determined by Chime at the then current pricing structure and as communicated to you at the time of addition.
CONTRACT DURATION. You hereby agree to abide by the duration of the contract stated in your Subscription Agreement. Renewal and Cancellation policies are outlined separately below.
PAYMENT COLLECTIONS. As part of registering or submitting information to receive Services, you also authorize us (either directly or through our affiliates, subsidiaries, or other third parties) to request and collect payment (or otherwise charge, refund, or take any other billing actions) from our payment provider or your designated banking account, and to make any inquiries we or our subsidiaries or affiliates may consider necessary to validate your designated payment account or financial information, in order to ensure prompt payment, including for the purpose of receiving updated payment details from your payment, credit card or banking account provider (e.g., updated expiry date or card number as may be provided to us by your credit card company). When you receive a charge on your payment method for your Chime Subscription, it will show as being from Chime Technologies, Inc.
INVOICING. Should you require an invoice or credit memo, we and/or our subsidiary or affiliated companies can assist you by issuing an Invoice for any payment of Fees or refund made to or by us ("Invoice"). Each Invoice will be issued in electronic form and based on the country stated in your billing address and will be made available to you via your Member Account and/or by email. For the purpose of issuing the Invoice, you may be required to furnish certain personal information in order to comply with local laws. Please note that the Invoice presented in your Member Account may be inadequate with your local law requirements, and in such case, may be used for pro forma purposes only.
AUTOMATIC RENEWAL. To ensure that you do not experience any interruption or loss of services due to the lapse of any particular subscription period, the Services operate with automatic renewal, on a recurring-fees basis (except where explicitly stated otherwise by us in writing). We will automatically renew the applicable Services according to the scenario listed here based on your Subscription Agreement type which will be one of the following:
- Monthly Agreement. Your Services will be automatically renewed for another calendar month after the current month has ended. You will be automatically charged the applicable Fees using the payment method you have on file with us. At the end of each term, this Agreement shall automatically renew unless terminated by either party in writing before the next Billing Cycle prior to the expiration of the then-current term.
- Contract Agreement. Regardless of the initial contract duration, your Services will be auto-renewed for a one-year period at 12:00.01 a.m. on the day after the contract end date unless terminated by either party in writing at least ninety (90) calendar days prior to the contract end date.
You will be automatically charged the applicable Fees using the payment method you have on file with us. At the end of each term, this Agreement shall automatically renew unless terminated by either party in writing before the next Billing Cycle prior to the expiration of the then-current term. If you received a discount or other promotional offer, we shall have the right to automatically and without notice renew your subscription to such Services at the full applicable Fee.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, you are and shall be solely responsible for verifying and ensuring the successful renewal of the Services you use (whether or not such Services are subject to automatic subscription renewals).
LATE OR UNSUCCESSFUL PAYMENTS. If your payment is unsuccessful within five working days, we will contact you to resolve the situation. If after seven working days we fail to make contact with you, then we reserve the right to cancel the Services and charge any outstanding fees accordingly. Failure to comply with any material term of this Agreement or failure to pay any Fee due under this Agreement, may result in suspension of access (until full payment is made) or cancellation your Member Account (or certain features thereof) and the provision of any related Services or Third Party Services to you.
CANCELLATION AND FAILURE TO COMPLY. Failure to comply with any material term of this Agreement or failure to pay any Fee when due under this Agreement may result in suspension of access (until full payment is made) or cancellation of your Member Account (or certain features thereof) and the provision of any related Services or Third Party Services to you.
You may discontinue use and request to cancel your Member Account or any Services at any time by contacting the Chime Support Team (email@example.com). You shall be solely responsible for the discontinuation of any Services purchased by you. Purchased Services, including those purchase on or through the Services and Add-Ons, are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for Account Activation Fees, partial months of service, upgrading/downgrading, or unused months. You may cancel your Account and Services according to the terms that correspond to the contract length agreed upon in your Subscription Agreement. These terms are as follows:
- Monthly Agreement. You may request to cancel at any time. You will be billed one more full monthly fee prior to Cancellation and then your account and the accounts of any other users on it will be scheduled for deactivation on the last day of the month following the current month regardless of when Cancelled.
- Contract Agreement. When canceling an agreement with a defined contract duration, you will be required to pay the remaining contract value upon cancellation. If fees were paid in advance (prepaid) in accordance with a contract, no refunds will be made available by Chime. Such Contract Agreement may be terminated by either party without cause when written notice is provided at least ninety (90) calendar days prior to the contract end date.
- You shall be solely responsible with respect to the discontinuation of any Services previously purchased by you, including due to a cancellation, failure to pay the applicable recurring Fees including due to failure of your payment method on file to accept the recurring charge, or due to any Services not being subject to automatic subscription renewals. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not have any claims against us in relation to the discontinuation of any Services or Third Party Services, for whatever reason.
CHARGEBACKS. If, at any time, you contact your bank or credit card company and decline, chargeback or otherwise reject the charge of any payable Fees (collectively, a "Chargeback"), this will constitute a breach of your payment obligations hereunder, your use of the Services may be automatically terminated, your Member Account may be blocked and any data contained in such Member Account may be subject to cancellation and Capacity Loss (as defined in this Agreement). If you have any questions or concerns regarding a payment made to us, we encourage you to first contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org before filing a Chargeback with your financial institution.
SERVICE PROVIDER PAYMENT. You acknowledge and agree that Chime may, as an accommodation and convenience to you, accept payment of the charges provided for herein from your mortgage lender(s) or other service provider(s) (each a “Service Provider”). Notwithstanding such accommodation, you expressly agree that you shall remain solely liable for prompt payment of all charges and expenses and that Chime shall have the right to cease providing such accommodation and to bill you directly at any time upon prior notice. You are solely responsible for enlisting the services of a Service Provider and for all use of the Platform by such Service Provider under your account. You represent and warrant that you and any such Service Provider shall be in compliance and shall continue to comply with all applicable laws related to your payment and shared services arrangement with the Service Provider. Chime shall have no liability for any and all arrangements between you and the Service Provider which impact the progress or results of Chime’s services to you. Chime shall have no responsibility for any agreements, arrangements, or liabilities that occur between you and the Service Provider.
- Should Chime fail to receive payment from the Service Provider, you will pay the full amount due. Both you and the Service Provider will be notified via email. You will be able to re-invite the Service Provider and the Service Provider will not be charged for the previous payment failure. Upon the Service Provider’s confirmation and receipt of updated payment information, the Service Provider’s next payment will be charged when you are next billed by Chime.
- The agreed percentage cost allocation you and the Service Provider must be in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations including any relevant obligations that might apply to either you or the Service Provider. Note that for Section 8 of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, 12 USC § 2607, (“RESPA”), compliance by you and the Service Provider regarding a cost allocation percentage should be based upon relative benefits and value to be received by each party from the Service during co-marketing.
CHARGES FOR NEW FEATURES. Features of the Chime CRM and Chime Real Estate Website and other Services may change from time to time and Chime reserves the right to charge for new features that may be included in future CRM releases. We may change, suspend, or terminate any of the Services (or any features thereof, or prices thereof), at any time and in any manner. Such changes may become effective upon notice to you (and in any event, not in a retroactive manner - except as required otherwise by law). If any such changes involve the payment of additional Fees, we will provide you with a notice of such Fees prior to enabling such specific changes. If you fail or refuse to pay such Fees, we may cancel your Member Account, continue to support your then-current Services without enabling such changes, or provide you with alternative Services.
PAYMENT FOR TECH RESOURCES. In certain scenarios, and only with prior written agreement by both you and Chime, Chime may commit to developing temporary technology solutions (“Manual Tech Solutions”) to address your individual requests to perform actions such as transfer or copy website content, apply mass actions to records within the Services, or accomplish other miscellaneous tasks as needs may arise. These scenarios are reated as individual requests and addressed on a case-by-case basis. Chime reservers the right to (a) deny requests regardless of the circumstances, (b) charge a custimization fee to you for building and implementing a one-off solution, and (c) provide and adjust timelines for any agreed-upon work based on resource availability.
You represent and warrant that you own all rights in and to any content provided by you, including any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, illustrations, compositions, artworks, interfaces, text, literary works, listing/rental/sales information, and any other materials ("Content,” and for such Content provided by you, “Member Content”), or otherwise have (and will continue to have) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority, in and to the Member Content, as necessary to legally use, publish, transfer, or license any and all rights and interests in and to such Member Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted.
The following standards apply to any and all Member Content. You must ensure that all Member Content posted by you complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you must not post Member Content that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
you know or reasonably believe
- is false, misleading, untruthful, or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, discriminatory, hateful, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, or profane;
- contains or depicts nudity or sexual activity;
- promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any individual or group; or is
- otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- contains software viruses or any other disabling computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment, or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of ours or of any third party;
- impersonates, bullies, stalks, or intimidates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, or falsifies or misrepresents yourself or your personal information; or
MEMBER CONTENT LICENSE GRANT. As between us and you, you shall own all intellectual property pertaining to your Member Content.
By submitting Member Content through the Services, you hereby do and shall grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, edit, modify, truncate, aggregate, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the Member Content in connection with the Services and our (including successors’ and assigns’) businesses, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds), and including after your termination of your Account or the Services. You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Services a non-exclusive, perpetual license to access your Member Content through the Services. For clarity, the foregoing license grants to us and our users do not affect your other ownership or license rights in your Member Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your Member Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such licenses to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including, without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. You acknowledge and agree that all right, title, and interest in and to the Services, including any and all copyrightable materials or any other content thereof which is or may be subject to any intellectual property rights under any applicable law (including any artwork, graphics, images, website templates and widgets, literary work, source and object code, computer code (including html), applications, audio, music, video and other media, designs, animations, interfaces, the "look and feel" of the Services, methods, products, algorithms, data, interactive features and objects, advertising and acquisition tools and methods, inventions, trade secrets, logos, domains, customized URLs, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other proprietary identifiers, whether or not registered and/or capable of being registered (collectively, "Intellectual Property"), and any derivations thereof, are owned by or licensed to us.
The names, logos, product and service names, designs, slogans, and other trademarks associated with the Services are ours and those of our licensors. You must not use any of the foregoing without our written permission prior to use. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, slogans, and other trademarks used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
COPYRIGHTS. The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us, our partners, or our users, and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
LEAD OWNERSHIP. All Lead data belongs to you as the user and will not be shared with or be accessible to Chime except for authorized support purpose. Your Lead data will remain only in your instance of the platform and will only be transferred when a manual account transfer to another Chime instance has been requested and approved by you. Chime will never distribute or share your Lead data unless requested to do so.
All leads designated within an account database as Private Leads (“Private Leads”) will only be visible to the user who has added them, with the only exception to this rule occurring if a written request is submitted to the Chime Support Team (email@example.com) by the owner of the account where this user exists. In this scenario, these leads will be changed from “Private Leads” to “Team/Company Leads.”
ACCOUNT TRANSFER PROCESS. An individual user on a Chime account may coordinate with Chime to create a new and independent Chime account at any time. Any Private Leads, private email, text templates, or other settings that belong to that user can be transferred from the source account to the destination account without the need for additional approval from the account owner. However, if the user also desires to transfer other account-level content that is not private and belonging only to their individual login, approval must be obtained by the source account owner prior to transfer taking place. This process can be coordinated with the Chime Support Team.
TRANSLATION SERVICES. Certain built-in Chime Services allow for the translation of Member Content and default Chime content within the Chime CRM and Chime Real Estate Websites. This content can be translated by automated integrations managed by Chime or by manual input by you as the user. By utilizing these translation tools and services, you agree that Chime is not liable for translation accuracy or loss of business due to original or translated content.
If your Member Account or any Services or Third Party Services related to your Member Account are canceled, such Cancellation may cause or result in the loss of certain content, features, or capacity of your Member Account, including any Member Content, visitor or user data or other usage data retained therein, and including any domain name reservation or registration that was included in such Services (collectively, "Capacity Loss"). You agree, understand and acknowledge that we shall have no liability or responsibility for any Capacity Loss.
Within ninety (90) calendar days after the date of termination of the Services and payment in full of all outstanding fees, Chime will, after submission of a written request by you, provide you with access to download all exportable data (“CRM Data”) from your instance of the Chime CRM. Chime shall have no obligation to maintain or provide any CRM Data and Chime reserves the right to delete CRM Data ninety (90) calendar days after the date of termination of the Services.
If CRM Data is deleted from your account either intentionally or unintentionally by an authorized admin user within your account, Chime shall have no obligation to restore this data to its previous state. In addition, where Chime may make attempts to assist in restoring deleted or lost CRM Data, no specific timeline for this process will be guaranteed.
The Services may enable you to engage and procure certain third party services and tools for enhancing your Member Website and your overall user experience, including domain registrars from which you may purchase a domain name for your Member Website, third party applications and widgets offered via the Site(s), third party Licensed Content, media distribution services, third party designers who may assist you with your Member Website, etc. (collectively, "Third Party Services"). We shall have no liability or responsibility for any Third Party Services. We reserve the right, at any time and in our sole discretion, to suspend, disable access to or remove from your Member Account, Member Website(s) and/or the Services, any Third-Party Services without any liability to you or to any of your visitors or users.
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Chime. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Chime shall not be responsible or liable, directly, or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of United States policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We endeavor to treat all parties fairly and honestly and to support equal housing opportunities. We encourage our users to do so as well.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, we act in accordance with our interpretation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). If you believe that your work has been copied or was otherwise used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify Customer Support of such infringement by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557 or by email using firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we receive notice regarding a copyright infringement related to your Member Account or Member Website, we may cancel your Member Account, take your Member Website down or remove any Content in our sole discretion, with or without prior notice to you. In such a case, you may file an appropriate counter-notice in accordance with Section 512 of the DMCA.
We provide the Sites and the Services on an "as is," "where is," "with all faults", and "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind, including any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We specifically do not represent or warrant that the Sites or Services (or any part, feature or Content thereof) are complete, accurate, of any certain quality, reliable or secure in any way, suitable for or compatible with any of your (or your visitors or users) contemplated activities, devices, operating systems, browsers, software or tools (or that they will remain as such at any time), or comply with any laws applicable to you or your visitors or users or that their operation will be free of any viruses, bugs or other harmful components or program limitations. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, under no circumstances may we be considered as a "publisher" of any Member Content, and we do not in any way endorse any Member Content or assume any liability for any Member Content uploaded, posted, published and/or made available by any Member or any other party on and/or through the Services. You acknowledge that (1) there are risks in using the Services and/or connecting and/or dealing with any Third-Party Services in connection with Services, (2) we cannot and do not guarantee any specific outcomes from such use and/or interactions, and (3) you hereby assume all such risks, liabilities and/or harm of any kind arising in connection with and/or resulting from such interactions.
Chime shall have no liability or responsibility of any kind or nature whatsoever for compliance with RESPA including, but not limited to, Section 8 of RESPA or any regulations adopted under RESPA with respect to any joint use agreement, marketing service agreement or other similar agreement or arrangement whereby two or more Users share the cost of and right to access and use the Chime Sites and Services. Each User that enters into any joint use agreement, marketing service agreement or other similar agreement, specifically acknowledges and agrees that such User is responsible for compliance with RESPA and the regulations adopted thereunder. Each User further acknowledges that, in accessing and using the Sites and Service on a shared basis, such User is not relying upon any representations or warranties made by Chime or any of its affiliates that such shared use complies with RESPA and Chime expressly disclaims any and all such representations or warranties.
LIABILITY LIMITS. In no event shall we, our affiliates and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers, licensors, and representatives, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence, or any other legal or equitable theory with respect to the services for any lost profits, data loss, cost of procurement of substitute goods, accommodations, rights or services, or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, compensatory, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, substitute goods or services (however arising), or for any direct damages in excess of (in the aggregate) the lesser of (a) fees paid to us for the particular services during the immediately previous three (3) month period or (b) $100.00.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. You specifically acknowledge that we shall not be liable for (i) user Content, (ii) the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party, or (iii) the condition, legality, or suitability of any property, and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests solely and entirely with you.
RELEASES. You shall and hereby do release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired housing through the Services. You hereby release us and our directors, officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, Affiliates, successors, predecessors, assigns, heirs, service providers, insurers, investors, attorneys, advisors, and suppliers from all claims, demands, and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, direct and indirect, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to Content accessed through the Services, or any interactions with others arising out of or related thereto, and you expressly waive the provisions of any local law, which provides in substance: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor,” and all similar code provisions in any jurisdiction.
Chime shall have no liability or responsibility of any kind or nature whatsoever for compliance with RESPA, any other section of RESPA or any regulations adopted thereunder with respect to any joint use agreement, marketing service agreement or other similar agreement or arrangement whereby two or more Users share the cost of and right to access and use the Chime Sites and Services. Each User that enters into any joint use agreement, marketing service agreement or other similar agreement, specifically acknowledges and agrees that such User is responsible for compliance with RESPA and the regulations adopted thereunder. Each User further acknowledges that in accessing and using the Sites and Service on a shared basis such User is not relying upon any representations or warranties made by Chime or any of its affiliates that such shared use complies with RESPA and Chime expressly disclaims any and all such representations or warranties.
You agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the services or us must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues, otherwise, any such cause of action is permanently barred.
NOTICES. We may provide you with notices in any of the following methods: (1) via the Services, including by a banner or pop-up within the applicable Site(s), Member Account or elsewhere; (2) by e-mail, sent to the e-mail address you provided us; and/or (3) through any other means, including any phone number or physical address you provided us. Such notice to you will be deemed received and effective upon receipt or twenty-four (24) hours after it was published or sent through any of the foregoing methods, unless otherwise indicated in the notice.
HEADINGS. Any heading, caption or section title here is provided only for convenience, and shall not be used to interpret any section or provision hereof.
LANGUAGE. The terms of this Agreement were written in English. If a translated (non-English) version of this Agreement conflicts in any way with their English version, the provisions of the English version shall prevail.
RELATIONSHIP. This Agreement, your access to the Site(s), and your use of the Services, do not, and shall not be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between us and you.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement and any other legal or fee notices provided to you by us, shall constitute the entire agreement between us concerning the subject matter hereof and all prior understandings shall be deemed merged herein.
ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights and obligations hereunder.
SEVERABILITY; NO WAIVER. If any provision of the Agreement is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of this Agreement. No Waiver of any breach or default of any of the terms of the Agreement shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
We reserve the right, without any obligation, to intervene in or monitor disputes between our users. You agree to cooperate with and assist us in good faith, and to provide us with such information and take such actions as we may reasonably request, in connection with any disputes involving you. Although we may moderate content or disputes in our discretion, we have no authority to legally bind third parties or force them to resolve complaints or disputes. Any efforts or statements made by us to intervene in or moderate disputes is superseded by this provision, which may not be modified, waived, or released except by a written agreement, dated and signed by our Chief Executive Officer and dated and signed by the individual or entity to whom the modification, waiver, or release is granted.
If you have any questions, complaints, or claims with respect to the Services, you may contact us by any of the options listed below:
- Telephone Number: 1 (855) 981-7557
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: 45 W Buchanan St, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Last Updated: 02/16/2023
Chime Technologies, Inc., along with our affiliates and subsidiary sites and services (collectively, “Chime”, “company”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Chime is a leading technology provider for real estate professionals and provides a robust CRM platform and real estate website solution for individuals or organizations of any size.
Important Notice to European Union Individuals: The General Data Protection
By using this site and services, you agree to take basic steps to ensure your privacy online. You agree to log out of this site when you are finished, protecting your information from other users. You also agree not to share your password or login ID with anyone else. In addition, you agree to take reasonable precautions against malware and viruses by installing an antivirus software to protect your online activities.
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
Personal Information may include the following: name, address, date of birth, gender, credit card/payment information, username and password, and contact data (i.e., email address, telephone number, and employer name).
If you use Site features operated by third-party social networking services (such as Facebook), we may receive information you have made available to those services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, date of birth, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favorite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. Some of these social networking services allow you to push content from our Sites to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on our Sites. Some of these services also will facilitate your registration for our Sites or enhance or personalize your experience on our Sites. You should make sure you understand the information your third-party social networking services may make available to our Sites.
We may also collect information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you (“Non-personal Information”). Non-personal Information also includes information that could personally identify you in its original form, but that we have modified (for instance, by aggregating, anonymizing or de-identifying such information) in order to remove or hide any Personal Information.
- Visitors to, or users of, its websites or mobile applications
- Prospective and current customers using Chime’s services
- Service providers and business partners
- Prospective and current employees
- Other third-parties that Chime interacts with
We collect this information to continually improve and enhance the functionality of Chime. We gather certain information automatically. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or click stream data. We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
We take your privacy seriously and employ information protection controls in keeping with industry standards and practices or applicable governmental requirements to safeguard your information and protect your anonymity. Personal Information about you may be collected from you through various sources, including information (i) that is entered manually and voluntarily by you on the Site’s application and other forms or postings on the Site; (ii) that you provide regarding your preferences (for example, based on your activity on our website); (iii) from other sources with your consent (for example, from other institutions such as auditors or administrators); (iv) from sources in the public domain; and (v) from other interactions you may have with us (for example, discussions or emails with our staff, including through the use of the Site’s contact features).
In addition, when you visit our Site, we may gather anonymous technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, cookie information, pages visited, and average time spent on our Website. This information does not personally identify you and may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, to customize any advertising or content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, contact you, conduct research, or analyze and improve our Site design and functionality.
Such information collected by us is stored and processed in the United States. By using the website and our Services, you consent to the foregoing collection and use of information and any such transfer of information outside of your country. We make no representation or warranty with respect to any duty to permanently store any Personal Information you may provide.
In order to provide the best experience when you visit our website, we may ask you for Personal Information. Personal Information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address, both of which you may be asked to provide when registering with Chime. A description of some of the ways that you may provide Personal Information to us, as well as further details on how we may use such Personal Information, is given below.
If you email us using a "Contact Us" link or form on our Website, we may ask you for information such as your name and e-mail address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address, and our response to you.
We may occasionally ask website visitors to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes, and interests. These surveys help us improve our products and services. When asking for participation in these surveys, we may ask you to provide us with your name and email address.
Our Website may offer visitors contact forms to request additional details and to download collateral. If you fill out one of our web forms, we may ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via web forms, we may retain the form data which can include name, email address and other contact related details.
Our Website links to community platforms that provide individuals the opportunity to ask questions and answer questions within the Chime user community. This community user data may contain self-reported demographics. If you choose to correspond with us and the community using these platforms, we may retain the data which could include name, email address, and other contact related details.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Chime and our marketing partners, analytics providers, and customer support systems. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you.
Most web browsers can be set to tell you when a cookie has been sent to you and give you the opportunity to refuse that cookie. Refusing a cookie may in some cases prevent you from using or negatively impact the display or function of our Website or certain areas or features of our Website. There are numerous resources on the Internet that can provide more information about how cookies work and how you can manage them.
If advertisements appear on our website or services, the advertisers may employ cookies and other tracking technologies in connection with those advertisements. Your accessing any of those advertisements from our webpage may cause your exposure to those tracking technologies. Third party websites that you visit may use the cookies placed by third party vendors for similar purposes. We have no responsibility for any such cookies and other tracking technologies.
Web Beacons, also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs, ("Web Beacons"), are electronic images that allow a website to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those websites. Web Beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web Beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web Beacons on the Site. However, through Web Beacons, we may collect general information that will not personally identify you, such as: Internet browser, operating system, IP address, date of visit, time of visit, length of visit, and path taken through the Site.
- Internal use of Web Beacons: Chime may use Web Beacons internally to count visitors and recognize visitors through cookies. Access to cookies helps personalize your experience when you visit the Site.
- Email: Chime may include Web Beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that Chime sends to you. Web Beacons in email messages helps determine your interest in and the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of Web Beacons: Chime may also use Web Beacons externally. For example, Chime may report aggregate information about visitors, such as demographic and usage information, to its affiliates and other third parties. Chime may also include other Web Beacons within the Site.
You may “opt in” and/or “opt out” of certain uses of your Personal Information. For example, you may have the opportunity to choose whether you would like to receive email correspondence from us. Your Personal Information will not be shared with third-party service providers unless you give consent. You will have the opportunity to opt out of Chime marketing emails by clicking the "opt out" or “unsubscribe” link in the email you receive. You can also request this by filling out a web form via our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal. If the Chime (DSAR) Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take note that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions, and communications with us.
Chime uses your Personal Information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your Personal Information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. To do this, we combine personal and non-Personal Information, collected online and offline, including information from third-party sources.
- Fulfill Requests: To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests. This includes sending information to others if you ask us to do so.
- Understand Customer Behavior: To better understand customer behavior so that we may improve our marketing and advertising efforts and to improve the distribution of our products and services.
- Personalize Offerings: To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising.
- Protection: To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business.
- Legal: To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Responding to Customer: To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us.
- Employment Applications: In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with data about yourself, including your educational background, resume, professional licenses, legal work eligibility status, and other information including your ethnicity where required or permitted by law. We may use this information throughout Chime, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its joint ventures, for the purpose of employment consideration.
By providing us with your phone number, you consent to our using your phone number to deliver or cause to be delivered to you at that phone number telemarketing calls (which may use an automatic telephone dialing system) and artificial or prerecorded voice or text messages from us. If you do not wish to receive such calls or messages, you may opt out. You release us from any possible liability or claim stemming from how we use your phone number, included but not limited to claims arising from the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). You understand that you are not required to provide this consent and authorization and that it is not a condition to qualify to receive our services.
Use, Disclosure, and Sharing of Personal Information
We may use third-party partners to help us operate and maintain our Website and deliver our products and services. We may also share your information with our service providers and other third parties (“Affiliated Parties”) that provide products or services for or through this Website or for our business (such as website or infrastructure hosting companies, communications providers, email providers, analytics companies, credit card processing companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
We may share data with Chime partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, provide sales support, or provide customer support. We also partner with trusted third parties to provide you with co-marketing content that we think may be relevant to you.
Third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Chime may be required to disclose collected information in order to (i) respond to investigations, court orders or legal process, (ii) to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person, (iii) violations of the Company’s terms of service, or (iv) as otherwise required by law.
You may request access to your personal data to update, correct or delete, or to limit the use or disclosure of, your personal data.
Individuals wishing to view, update, delete, or supplement their personal data may do so by contacting the business that provided Chime their personal data directly to make their requests, or alternatively they can submit your request through our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal. If the Chime DSAR Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to email@example.com.Individuals outside the European Union (“EU”) may also use our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal to submit complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
Chime does not sell or otherwise disclose the Personal Information it holds to third parties, except for the following exceptional circumstances:
- Third Parties: Chime will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others but may disclose Personal Information with third-party vendors and service providers that work with Chime. We will only share Personal Information to these vendors and service providers to help us provide a product or service to you at your request and in accordance with our respective agreement. We will ensure appropriate contractual clauses are in place to ensure compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
- Business Purposes: In a prospective business transaction, Chime may disclose Personal Information where Chime has entered into an agreement that restricts the use and disclosure of that data solely for purposes related to the transaction, protects the data by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, and if the transaction does not proceed, the data is returned to Chime or destroyed within a reasonable time. With respect to employee data, Chime may disclose Personal Information if it is necessary to establish, manage or terminate an employment relationship, as allowed by law.
- Legal and Safety Reasons: Chime may be required to disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or legal entities. We may disclose information by law, litigation, or as a matter of national security to comply with a valid legal process including subpoenas, court orders or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law. We may also need to disclose Personal Information in the event of an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or security. If the data requested is held on behalf of a customer, Chime will inform the customer unless it is prohibited to do so by law. Chime may be required to disclose information without your consent or knowledge if: (i) it is reasonable to expect that disclosure with the customer’s knowledge or consent would compromise an investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the law; (ii) it is reasonable for the purposes of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud and it is reasonable to expect that the disclosure with the customer’s knowledge or consent would compromise the ability to prevent, detect or suppress the fraud; (iii) it is necessary to identify an individual who is injured, ill or deceased to a government institution or the individual’s next of kin or authorized representative and, if the individual is alive, with notification to the individual.
- Change of Ownership: If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Chime on the websites and services. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Data, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
Your Right to Correction. You have the right to request the correction of any inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information as you may direct.
We take reasonable and appropriate precautions, including administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures, to safeguard Personal Data against loss, misuse, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when transmitting sensitive information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information.
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of this site and any other related services, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees' privacy responsibilities.
All Personal Information is retained only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or transferred. Chime retains your information for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. Chime will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time. At any point in time, you can withdraw consent and we will immediately stop processing your data.
Chime may share customer information within our affiliated companies for a variety of purposes, for example, to provide you with the latest information about our products and services and offer you our latest promotions. “Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity. To facilitate our global operations, Chime may transfer Personal Information from your home country to other Chime locations across the world. To protect your Personal Information, we will only transfer data to countries who provide an “adequate” level of Personal Information protection. If the data is transferred to counties without “adequate” protection as determined by the European Parliament, we will use additional safeguards to ensure your data is protected.
In regard to the aforementioned rights to voice questions, make requests regarding your data privacy or withdraw consent, we will respond to your request within 30 days. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if: the law permits or requires us to do so, if it infringes on the privacy of other individuals or internal procedures, if we find the request to be unfounded or excessive, or if we are unable to verify your identity.
If the volume or complexity of the request requires internal processing at Chime beyond 30 days, Chime will inform the requester within 30 days of the reasons for an extension and may charge a reasonable fee to cover administrative costs.
Security of all information is of the utmost importance for Chime. Chime uses technical and physical safeguards to protect the security of your Personal Information from unauthorized disclosure. We use encryption technology to keep all information secure. We also make all attempts to ensure that only necessary people and third parties have access to Personal Information. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Information and, unless otherwise agreed in a written agreement between Chime and the applicable party, we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the case of a data breach, we will notify you without undue delay of any loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information that may affect you. We will notify relevant regulatory bodies within 72 hours of indentifying a breach.
To facilitate our business practices, your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to, and stored by us in the United States. As a result, your Personal Data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, and which may not provide for the same level of data protection in the EEA. In this event, we will ensure an adequate level of protection, for example by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
Chime commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information under GDPR. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints should use our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal to submit complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
Alternative Means of Contact
If the Chime (DSAR) Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to our mailing address:
Chime Technologies, Inc.
45 W Buchanan St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
If you have any unresolved privacy concerns that we have not addressed to your satisfaction after contacting us, you have the right to contact the EU Data Protection Authorities by clicking on the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
We acknowledge the right of UK, EU, and Swiss individuals to access their personal data. You may request to access and limit use and disclosure of this data by using our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal. If the Chime (DSAR) Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to email@example.com.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 179883, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
On January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) took effect and established requirements and rights relating to personal information of California consumers. This section for California residents applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Yes|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information||No|
We will use and retain the collected personal information as needed to provide the Services or for:
Category A - As long as the user has an account with us
Category B - As long as the user has an account with us
Category G - As long as the user has an account with us
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories through instances where you interact with us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests;
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries;
The Fair Information Practices, also known as the Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs), form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within seven (7) business days
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If we learn that we have mistakenly collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Chime's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google’s API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
- The App will only use access to read, write Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- The App will not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements.
- The App will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the App's internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
Any information acquired through integration with Google services (Gmail, Drive, etc.) is done so explicitly for the purpose of facilitating the usage of user-facing features. Data is not used for advertisements of any kind, and never transferred or accessed aside from cases of enabling functionality, customer support, or for necessary security purposes outlined and coinciding with Google's Limited Usage Requirements.
Chime Technologies, Inc.
45 W Buchanan St
Phoenix, AZ 85004